Monday, September 3, 2012

The Avengers plot holes explained and Thanos


Avengers

Well the wait is over and I'll have to say it was worth waiting in line for, that's the first movie I've ever done that for, and I mean a long line.
I think Marvel has done a great job and is trying to go the way of the Nolan Batman series and not make anything "too" corny, as lets be honest these movies are targeted at people my age, Mid 30's. Lets face it none of the suits are weird and Captain America wouldn't be Cap without the suit and I can live with Hawkeye looking more modern. I also thought Ruffalo did great so we should have one Banner for the rest of the Hulk/Avenger series now, I'm tired of the switch up.
Now to the plot holes explained. I think I figured out the Hulk/Black Widow scene from the line at the end from Banner. Remember he said I control him (The Hulk) because I'm always angry.
I think during the Black Widow scene he was trying not to get angry and thus he lost control of the Hulk.

The other hole is the Thor appearance. Thor we can assume was sent on a one way trip by Oden. Loki said something to the effect that Oden must have used all his power to send you to Earth.
The only way Thor was getting back was to get the Tesseract which is why he was very vocal on getting it when he first arrived. Not huge plot holes but explaining them would have make the movie drawn out and almost 3 hours.

They ended the Avengers well with them going there separate ways for another movie but ready to assemble for the sequel. The Thanos character will be interesting because his bio makes him seem almost supernatural? If they try and get to out of this world with the character it could make the sequel a flop. As I read in his bio, Thanos destroyed the universe and created it again, so hopefully Marvel keeps it down to Earth. I'm fine with the way they've made the Thor characters not too hokie.

Now on to a guess about the next film and Thanos plans. Watch the first Thor again for the Gauntlet of Infinity, it's in Oden's guarded room. Now Loki is in the perfect position, in prision to steal the gauntlet for Thanos. So you can see how all the pieces are in position for the next movie and for Thanos to reveal himself once the gauntlet is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment